Sunday, February 27, 2011

Mike's 2011 Oscar Picks!

I'm sure everyone is terribly curious about what I would personally rate as my favorite film from last year as well as my opinions on several other categories for tonights Oscar Extravaganza. Rest assured, I have compiled a list of favorites below. Keep in mind, I have only seen 9 out of the 10 films nominated for best picture (127 Hours being the one missing link); therefore, that could affect my opinion. Please don't hold that against me. Okay... here we go!

Actor in a Leading Role:
Colin Firth

Actor in a Supporting Role:
Christian Bale

Actress in a Leading Role:
Natalie Portman

Actress in a Supporting Role:
Melissa Leo

Animated Feature Film:
Toy Story 3

Cinematography:
Inception

Directing:
Darren Aronofsky for Black Swan

Best Adapted Screenplay:
The Social Network

Best Original Screenplay:
Inception

Best Picture:
The King's Speech

Note: Inception and Black Swan were close behind for my favorite pictures, but ultimately you can't beat a feel good, overcome the odds, old fashioned storytelling film like The King's Speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment